Friday, July 4, 2008

Section One Roughly Done

So far so good - I have finished the signaling section for the pymsn library. It is very rough, only handles one case etc, but it will allow me to move onto the next section of work. It shouldn't be too hard to polish up this code and allow it to handle the other cases, but I am really keen to get a prototype of the whole project working (pymsn signalling and the gstreamer plugin with the corresponding webcam data flowing correctly) so I have moved onto the gstreamer plugin work.

I am busy trying to look at the old msn plugin to determine what I can reuse from it, as well as looking at the new farsight elements to see the correct structure that I need to implement. I think I know what I have to do with regards to subclassing the various elements and the functions I need, but its the "how" of going about it that I am pondering at the moment.

I actually went and printed out the plugin-writers guide which I have read bits of before, but never read the whole thing from start to finish. I must say it is making more sense now that I am rereading it for the second time now.